Jacqui Lee is an illustrator and all-around creative person hailing from Calgary, Canada. Her colorful palette is often mixed with playful lettering to create charming and whimsical imagery. She enjoys variety in her work, and in addition to stationery she has also illustrated several children’s books.
1. What’s your favorite book?
I love way too many books to pick a favourite. Currently, I’m really into Charlie N. Holmberg’s Paper Magician series.
2. Favorite movie?
Probably Pride & Prejudice, because it’s my go-to movie to play in the background while I’m painting.
3. Favorite TV show?
4. Favorite song?
This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) – Talking Heads
5. Favorite food?
6. Drink of choice?
7. Go-to karaoke song?
Everybody – Backstreet Boys
8. When did you realize you wanted to be a designer?
After my first year of art school. I originally went in wanting to be a painter, but was immediately drawn over to the design side.
9. Did you go to design school or teach yourself?
I went to the Alberta College of Art + Design in Calgary, Canada.
10. If you had to describe your style with only three words what would they be?
Colourful, cheerful, cute
11. When did you start your company?
12. Where is your studio located?
Currently I’m in London!
13. What’s your favorite card of yours on Postable?
Aardvark Thank You
14. What artists, past or present, inspire your work?
Olle Eksell, Aiko Fukawa, Beatrice Alemagna, and Leah Goren
15. If you had to choose a spirit animal what would it be and why?
Definitely a cat, because they are experts at napping.
16. When was the last time you laughed really hard and why?
I went on a roadtrip with two of my good friends a couple weekends ago – it was was constant tears of laughter.
17. How would you spend your dream Saturday?
Sunny: in a park with a book.
Raining: with Netflix.
18. If you weren’t allowed to work for 12 months, what would you do?
I would take the time to visit a bunch of cute European villages and try to paint them all.
19. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
The English countryside, in a cottage with a garden. A totally achievable dream 😉
20. Was this questionnaire too long?
Only because I’m really indecisive and it takes me forever to pick out my favourite things.
Want to see more of Jacqui Lee? Checkout the collection here and send a card now!