Everything Little Miss is a Boston-area design studio that was started by April May in 2009. April started making cards for her family as a young kid, and never stopped. She draws inspiration from her daily adventures and fond memories of childhood.
1. What’s your favorite book?
Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss or Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre
2. Favorite movie?
That’s so hard. I think probably Bringing Up Baby or maybe The Princess Bride. But I love so many movies!
3. Favorite TV show?
4. Favorite song?
Changes all the time! Currently: Cheap Thrills by Sia
5. Favorite food?
Oranges and clementines
6. Drink of choice?
7. Go-to karaoke song?
I’ve never done karaoke!
8. When did you realize you wanted to be a designer?
I sort of fell into designing in 2008 while working for a small start-up. We were going over budget on web design, so I just started doing it myself.
9. Did you go to design school or teach yourself?
10. If you had to describe your style with only three words what would they be?
11. When did you start your company?
I started Everything Little Miss in 2009. Smudge Ink was founded in 2002, and I became the owner in 2016.
12. Where is your studio located?
13. What’s your favorite card of yours on Postable?
I don’t know! I really like the birth announcements. 🙂
14. What artists, past or present, inspire your work?
I draw a lot of inspiration from music and from my mom, who happens to be a brilliant artist.
15. If you had to choose a spirit animal what would it be and why?
Probably a puppy because they just want to have fun.
16. When was the last time you laughed really hard and why?
At the Postable party! No joke – I overheard a really hilarious story about a speedo and I couldn’t stop laughing.
17. How would you spend your dream Saturday?
Outdoors with friends + family playing games and having a great time. Beach or backyard – either’s great!
18. If you weren’t allowed to work for 12 months, what would you do?
I’d spend a lot of time with my kids. We’d explore outside and read so many books at the libraries near us. I’d also want to do a lot of traveling!
19. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I love Massachusetts. I’m living exactly where I want to be.
20. Was this questionnaire too long?
Checkout the Smudge Ink and Everything Little Miss collection!