Are you sitting around twiddling your thumbs, hoping to scrounge up a reason to write a greeting card? No? Well, you must be looking for another reason to procrastinate, in which case you should read some reasons to send a card. We’ve got plenty! You don’t even have to leave your comfy couch to send one of these bad boys! You can write & send them all in the comfort of your pjs (yup, Postable will even mail them for you).
Go ahead… take a gander… you might just be surprised!
If you’re sitting there… thinking ‘HEY! Your forgot one (or two)!’ Please, don’t let us stop you… tell us already! Share all your brilliant ideas for why to send a card down below in the comment section. You’ll be happy you did 🙂
Let’s start with the obvious. And although you may be thinking birthday cards are not so unconventional, it’s time to think outside the box. Best friends and uncles aren’t the only ones with Birthdays, you know. Don’t forget about your downstairs neighbor!
2.Your best friend just passed the bar.
While you were at the bar, she was tackling it. This is one hell of an accomplishment and it certainly deserves some serious recognition.
3. You & your childhood buddy share a secret desire to have grillz.
We did say unconventional didn’t we?
4. You spilled ketchup on your sister’s blouse. That you borrowed. Without asking.
You may want to cook her dinner too (sin ketchup). And maybe not be home when she gets there to find out.
5. Belated Birthdays.
Better late than never. Sending a funny belated birthday card is a great way to let your loved one know that you care while poking a bit of fun at yourself.
6. Thank you (for gifts).
Ok back to the somewhat conventional greeting card, but when was the last time you sent a thank you card after receiving a gift?
7. Thank you (for being awesome).
Do you really need to get a gift to thank someone? Maybe they’re just awesome and you really appreciate their existence. Why not thank them for just being them?
It’s time to think outside the box again. While sending greeting cards on momentous occasions such as high school or college graduation is a given — what about the not-so-obvious graduations? Nephew graduate from pre-K? Bet he thinks it’s a pretty big deal!
9. Wedding Invites.
Considering an e-vite? For the love of all things lovely — reconsider. If you choose any of these wedding invites Postable will print, address and mail them for you.
10. Your next door neighbor did your daughter’s hair for prom.
Your daughter looked fabulous and you rocked the Official Cool Mom Badge. A thank you card was well deserved.
11. Save the Dates
See above re: #9. wedding invites.
12. Your groomsmen have done a pretty swell job keeping your mind at ease in the days leading up to the big day.
A bottle of Jack Daniels is good, but send a snazzy thank you card in advance and you’ve got yourself a proper thank you.
13. Completing finals.
Let someone know you were rooting for them the whole time! If you remember what finals week was like, you’ll understand why this feat is totally worth celebrating.
See #13 and consider sending a motivational encouragement card during* the finals week first. Really cover all your bases.
15. Mother’s Day
Very conventional indeed. We really hope you let mom know just how out-of-this-world amazing she is with a Mother’s Day card of her own. A real one. No, a text will not cut it.
16. Your friends are moving.
Your good friend could use your support… in the form of a card (you’d love to help, but you’ve got that thing…).
17. Your new home!
You did it! You’re all moved into your dream home. Why not rub it in a little to those friends that had that ‘thing’ on your moving day? Send a little reminder of how awesome your new place is with an adorable moving announcement.
18. New neighbors!
It’s not easy being the fellows on the block. Why not welcome them to the neighborhood?
19. Your uncle is starting a health journey.
Wish him well and let him know you’re rooting for him with an encouragement greeting card!
20. New co-worker.
While you’re in the welcoming mood, why not extend a welcome to the new co-worker?
21. Because President’s Day.
Yay for extra days off work! Send this card to a co-worker in celebration of the holiday you didn’t know you could love.
22. You’re Homesick.
You’re having the time of your life traveling the world or perhaps building out a new life in a new city. Wherever your life has taken you — it’s away from home. Go ahead, let them know you miss em’.
23. Your buddy made a fool of themselves.
Nothing says, ‘You’re a fool, but I still love ya!’ than a loving card.
24. You made a fool of yourself.
We’ve all been there. It’s always best to just own up to it and move on.
25. Your relationship is getting a bit static… spice things up.
A naughty love card may just be what the love doctor ordered.
26. Just to say a special hello.
Texting is so overrated. But also — how stinkin’ cute is this E. Frances Paper card?!
27. You got a new puppy!
If your sister can send birth announcements of her new baby, why can’t you introduce yours?
28. Someone’s sick.
Send some some healthy vibes with a get well card.
29. You were once a rotten teenager.
We’ve all been there. You felt you were having a hard time enduring life… Then there were those that had to endure you. Go ahead, send a card to your parents.
What better reason could you possibly need to send an adorable little card like this one?
31. Mom grew her first tomato!
Have YOU ever grown anything?
32. You know you’re going to have a pretty rough week coming up, send yourself a YOU CAN DO IT card!
Sometimes you’ve got to be your own greatest and loudest cheerleader.
33. It’s your uncle’s cat’s birthday.
You may not understand his enthusiasm for his 9 cats, but you know he’ll totally dig it if you send ole’ Pickles a birthday card.
34. You’re graduating high school.
You made it! Now go show it off with some of those snazzy graduation announcements.
35. Your friend just posted their first blog post.
Send them a congratulations card and let them know you loved it (lie if you must).
36. Valentine’s Day.
Ok, so not so unconventional. But nevertheless — a great reason to send a card indeed.
37. Your cousin got engaged.
Send them your warmest wishes and maybe you could manage to weasel yourself out of being a part of the bridal party.
38. An old family friend is retiring.
Kind of a big deal.
A perfect excuse to show off those new photos you’ve been snapping of the whole family!
40. You finally found someone who is just as crazy about those raspberry stuffed doughnuts.
Let them know it was meant to be.
41. You accidentally* ate your roommates last piece of cake.
Seriously, if ever there was a time to say sorry.
42. It’s your bestie’s half-birthday.
Hey, you wanted a reason to send a card…
43. Timmy, the 10 year old who lives next door, mowed the lawn without asking for money.
His parents may be using your property as a source of discipline, but you can still show your appreciation with a snazzy thank you card!
44. You’re throwing a party.
Sure, you could use Facebook. But if you want to throw a special bash, there’s really no better way to invite your friends than with real hold-in-your-hand invites.
45. Because your grandmother really likes to get cards.
Christmas. Hanukkah. Kwanza. You name it, everyone loves to have a merry holiday season!
47. Boss’s Day.
A great way to keep your name at the top of the upcoming promotions list. Send a card!
48. First day jitters.
Whether it’s the first day of first grade or their first big boy/girl job. Let them know you’re rooting for them!
49. Someone you know is expecting.
Because pregnancy puns are truly fantastic.
50. Your little cousin is nervous about going to their first school dance.
Let us not forget how freaked out you were about the prospect of a slow dance.
51. You haven’t seen your childhood best friend in years (what feels like forever).
You used to be sidekicks, send your old BFF a hello card.
52. Your professor is sick.
Getting on the good side of your professors with a get well soon card, may the be smartest thing you do all year.
53. Fourth of July.
Go ahead, celebrate the good ole’ U S of A.
54. Your first niece is born!
She can’t read the card now… but give it a few years and she’ll be thanking ya for such a thoughtful welcome!
55. Your BFF loves Ryan Gosling.
56. Your grandma’s pup just got back from the vet.
Old Joe may not know you sent a get well card, but grammy will.
57. You really screwed up.
Accidentally tell your best friend’s boyfriend that thing you weren’t supposed to know?
58. Your little sister just graduated college and has no idea what she wants to do.
Share some of that new found wisdom of yours. Let her know it’s ok to be a little lost.
59. Father’s Day.
Because dad deserves a real card on his special day.
60. You’re having a housewarming party.
You just moved into your first adult home… don’t ruin it by sending out an invite via text.
61. Mom ran her first 5K.
When was the last time you trained for anything?
62. Your little brother wants to be a professional magician.
Send him some encouragement and support while you’re away at college.
63. Your little brother finally got the nerve to ask out his long time crush.
That’s a big deal!
64. You’re throwing a bridal shower.
You don’t want to be the person who let down the bride. Easily send beautiful bridal shower invitations and stay on the good side.
65. A friend is going through some rough times.
A simple ‘Thinking of You’ can go a long way.
66. Your classmate took time out of her day to help you out with material you’re struggling with.
She spent hours at the library with you and missed the party everyone keeps talking about… it’s the least you can do.
67. You know someone with an undying love of cats.
How could you NOT send this card? It’s the definition of cat perfection.
Phew. That’s a lot of great reasons to send a card! Do you have any to add?! Tell us in the comment section 🙂